Hummingbird Coffee branded products and related services and activities, including this website (Branded Products), are developed and marketed by Jacobs Douwe Egberts NZ (JDE) and its respective business units in various countries.
JDE is committed to respecting and safeguarding your privacy and the security of your personal information in compliance with the Privacy Act 1993.
- explain in detail the categories of personal information we collect and how we collect it;
- clearly state for what purposes and on what legal basis we process personal information;
- strive to limit the collection of personal information to those needed for legitimate purposes only;
- first request your express consent to the processing of your personal information in cases where your consent is required;
- implement appropriate security measures to protect your personal information, and demand the same of parties processing personal information on our instructions; and
- respect your right to request access to and a copy of your personal information and have it corrected or deleted, among other rights you have as further described below.
Who is responsible for your personal information?
Why do we collect your personal information?
When you choose to register an account (if available), purchase a Branded Product from us, or otherwise contact us, we will ask you for some personal information about you, as well as some optional information about your use of Branded Products. The main purposes for which we use your personal information are:
- to communicate with you in a personal way, such as responding to your feedback or service requests and register and settle complaints;
- to keep you up to date about our commercial developments and personalized offers based on your order history and onsite behavior, by means of our newsletter;
- to perform market research to understand your needs and improve our business;
- to administer your participation in any contests, promotions, surveys or website features;
- to administer your account for our website;
- to execute an agreement, such as completing transactions, administering and fulfilling your purchases of Branded Products and services related thereto;
- to send status updates and service communications;
- to send out notifications when changes are made to our policies and other (legal) documents which might concern you; and
- to comply with legal obligations.
If you do not provide us with the information we request, we may not be able to fulfil the applicable purposes of collection as described above, such as to supply products or services to you, or respond to your requests or enquiries, or tailor our website, products or services in the most beneficial way.
What legal grounds apply for processing your information?
We will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The corresponding legal grounds for the processing of personal information for the above purposes are:
- You have given us consent to process your personal information (for example if you have subscribed to our newsletter or registered for an account);
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or to prepare entering into a contract with you at your request (for example if you enter one of our prize draws or, if relevant, place an order);
- Processing is necessary for other legitimate interests pursued by us (such as processing IP-addresses in order to prevent, detect and/or respond to abuse of our website); and
- Processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation (for example, due to fiscal regulation we need to retain certain customer data).
How we collect your personal information
You can share your personal information with us in a number of ways, for instance by:
- subscribing to our newsletter (if any)
- communicating with our Consumer Care Center by e-mail, phone, social media or in writing;
- participating in a promotion, event, contest or online forum, or by filling out a questionnaire or survey related to Branded Products;
- purchasing a Branded Product or service directly from us;
- registering for an account;
- participating in a social media activity related to Branded Products by clicking "like" or "share";
- asking to receive messages on your mobile phone/device;
- participating in product testing or surveys;
- social sign-on: by using your Facebook, LinkedIn or other social media credentials to create an account or log on;
- social listening: we may search the Internet for relevant and publicly available content and use it to improve its products or services resolve consumer issues [and provide targeted marketing; or
The personal information we process
By using the Branded Products, you leave certain data with us or our service providers or agents, which may include personal information. We only store and use personal information that are provided directly by you or which are clearly provided to us for processing purposes as mentioned above or as mentioned when you provide us with personal information. We will not use the personal information for any other purposes unless you have given your prior consent. The following categories of personal information may be processed by us:
- Contact details (e.g. first and last name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number);
- Other personal details (e.g. gender, date of birth (optional), nationality, language);
- Financial and transaction data (e.g. bank account information, credit- or debit card number);
- Account details (e.g. username, password); or
- Information about your product.
How do we share your personal information?
We may share your personal information with third party service providers or agents (called ‘processors’) to perform certain processing activities on our behalf, such as parties involved in executing a purchase agreement (such as payment service providers or fulfilling a prize draw you have won). We will not sell, rent, lease, or provide your personal information to third parties allowing them to use your personal information for their own purposes. We may use third party service providers for website hosting, for payment processing, such as for parcel delivery services, for third party advertising.
We conclude so-called ‘data processing agreements’ with all parties who process your personal information on our behalf, so that they are legally bound to keep your data confidential, to implement appropriate security measures, to notify us if the security of your data has been breached, and other obligations to protect your privacy.
JDE sometimes sells (part of) a business to another company. Where such business relates to Branded Products, such transfer of ownership may include the transfer of your personal information to the new owner.
Furthermore, we will release your personal information if so required by law, where necessary for preventing or combating fraud, where necessary for dispute resolution, or for any other pressing legitimate need which under the circumstances must outweigh your privacy interests, which may include the security of our business and the safety of our staff.
We share personal information between JDE affiliates according to our Binding Corporate Rules that are registered with the Dutch Data Protection Authority. We may also share personal information with third-party advertisers.
We would like to send you information about Branded Products and related services that may interest you, based on your order history and onsite behavior, by means of, e.g., e-mail or other communication channels, but we will only do so if you specifically consent to receive such communications from us.
You will always have the opportunity to unsubscribe from any further communication from us with respect to Branded Products and services by clicking the unsubscribe option on the footer of the emails sent by us.
How do we protect your information?
We protect your personal information with a variety of security measures. This may include using secure registration forms, encryption of data, and restricting access to your personal information.
What are the retention periods?
Transfer of data
You should be aware that the business units responsible for the sale and marketing of the Branded Products as shown on this website, are part of Jacobs Douwe Egberts companies around the world. As a consequence, your personal information may be transferred within the Jacobs Douwe Egberts group of companies. Further, the system of Jacobs Douwe Egberts is hosted by a service provider located in the Netherlands. We store your personal information in a Cloud.
We do not target children below 16 years old.
We strongly recommend that parents take an active role in supervising the online activity of their children. We generally do not intend to collect personal information from and/or generally do not intentionally communicate with children. However, in case we need to communicate with a child, we will endeavour to give the parents or legal guardians a reasonable opportunity to consent before we use the personal information of the child, except where we merely answer the child’s question or service the child’s request.
Each commercial communication you receive offers the option to unsubscribe from receiving further commercial communications (i.e., object to this use of your personal information). We will try to comply with your unsubscribe request as soon as reasonably practicable and in accordance with the requirements under law. Please note that if you unsubscribe from commercial communications, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot unsubscribe.
Requests for access to and correction of your personal information.
You may request details of the personal information we hold about you, by contacting us on the details provided below.
No fee will be charged for making the request. We may charge a fee for the provision of this information to cover administrative costs, however, we will inform you of any fee at the time a request is made.
In general, we will allow access to the personal information we hold about you, however, we may deny access to you to the extent that:
- providing access would pose a serious threat (or in the case of personal information other than health information, a serious and imminent threat) to the life or health of any individual;
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals;
- your request for access is frivolous or vexatious; or
- it is otherwise appropriate for us to deny access in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
Should we deny you access to any personal information following an access request we will provide you with a reason for the denial.
If you are aware that any of your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date following an access request, or because your circumstances have changed, please inform us so that we can update our records.
In your request, please make clear what personal information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your personal information suppressed from our database. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
We will correct any incorrect personal information and will not refuse to make a correction without providing you with a reason for the refusal. However, if we do refuse to make a correction, we will take reasonable steps to place with the disputed information a statement from you claiming that the disputed information in your opinion is not accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the personal information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion).
Role of data protection authorities
If you have any complaints about the way we process your personal information, we are glad to help you out. Nevertheless, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner, which can be reached here: www.privacy.org.nz
Contact and company details
Please send us your questions and comments about privacy to email@example.com. Or contact us via our social media channels (if any).
Jacobs Douwe Egberts NZ
Address. 43 Crooks Road, East Tamaki, Auckland, 2013
Tel. +64 9 274 7018
Data Protection Officer: First Privacy GmbH,
Konsul-Smidt-Str. 88, 28217 Bremen, Germany
Commercial Register Bremen HRB 29225 HB
What are cookies?
A cookie is a tiny data file, which is stored on your computer within the web browser, when certain web pages are visited. A cookie does not contain or collect information in isolation, but when read by a server via a web browser; it can give information to facilitate a more user-friendly service such as detecting errors. We do not retain a cookie longer than necessary for the purpose for which it is set.
To use our website fully, you will need to have cookies enabled. If you do not wish to enable cookies, you can still browse the site; however certain features of the site may be limited.
You may notice the presence of different types of cookies generated on your visit to this website. We use four types of cookies:
- Functional cookies;
- Analytical cookies;
- Advertising cookies;
- Social media cookies.
These cookies are necessary to make it possible to surf the JDE website(s) and use the website's functions, such as accessing protected areas of the website. Without these cookies, such functions, including shopping baskets and electronic payment, are not possible.
We might use these cookies for:
- Authentication of users for a secured login;
- Remembering products that you add to your shopping basket during online purchasing;
- Remembering information that you fill in on the various pages when paying or ordering so that you don't have to fill in all your details repeatedly;
- Passing on information from one page to the next, for instance if a long survey is being filled in or if you need to fill in a large number of details for an online order;
- Storing preferences such as language, location, the number of search results to be displayed etc;
- Storing settings for optimal video display, such as buffer size and your screen's resolution details;
- Reading your browser settings so that we can display our website optimally on your screen;
- Locating misuse of our website and services, for example by recording several consecutive failed log-in attempts;
- Loading the website evenly so that it remains accessible;
- Offering the option of storing log-in details so that you don't have to enter them every time;
- Making it possible to place a reaction on our website.
These cookies gather information about the surfing behavior of visitors to our websites, such as which pages are visited often and whether visitors receive error messages. By doing this we are able to make the structure, navigation and content of the website as user-friendly as possible for you. We do not link the statistics and other reports to individuals.
We might use these cookies for:
- Keeping track of the number of visitors to our web pages;
- Keeping track of the length of time that each visitor spends on our web pages;
- Determining the order in which a visitor visits the various pages on our website;
- Assessing which parts of our site need to be improved;
- Optimizing the website.
- We might use software like Google Analyticsto analyse page use, page interactions and the routes taken through our sites. These are known as "website metrics" or “analytics”.
- Ensuring we have a "Processing Contract" with Google;
- Activating in Google Analytics the IP address anonymization;
- Ensuring sharing of data with Google will not take place.
- Google may only provide this data to third parties if Google is required to do so by law, or to the extent necessary for third parties processing this data on behalf of Google.
Our aim is to provide visitors to our website with information that is as relevant as possible to them. We therefore endeavour to adapt our site as much as possible to every visitor. We do this not only through the content of our website, but also through the advertisements shown.
To make it possible for these adaptations to be carried out, we try to acquire a picture of your likely interests on the basis of the JDE websites that you visit in order to develop a segmented profile. Based on these interests, we then adapt the content and the advertisements on our website for various groups of customers.
We might use these cookies for:
- keeping track of which advertisements you have already been shown so that you are not always shown the same ones;
- keeping track of how many visitors click on the advertisement;
- keep track of how many orders are placed by way of the advertisement;
- the websites recording your visit and, as a result assessing your interests;
- checking to see if you have clicked on an advertisement;
- information about your surfing behaviour to be passed to other websites;
- using third-party services to show you advertisements;
- displaying more interesting advertisements on the basis of your social media usage.
Even if such cookies are not used, please note that you will be provided with advertisements on our site; however, these advertisements will not be tailored to your interests. These advertisements can, for instance, be modified according to the content of the website. You can compare this type of content-related Internet advertisements with advertising on television. If, say, you are watching a cookery program on TV, you will often see an advertisement about cooking products during the advert breaks while this program is on.
Third parties that set cookies via our website may also try to find out what your interests are in this way. In this case, the information about your current website visit may be combined with information from previous visits to websites other than ours.
Social Media cookies
The articles, pictures and videos that you look at on our website can be shared and liked via social media by means of buttons. Cookies from the social media parties are used to enable these buttons to function, so that they recognize you when you wish to share an article or video.
These cookies make it possible for logged-in users of selected social media to share and like certain content from our website directly.
These social media parties may also collect your personal data for their own purposes. JDE has no influence over how these social media parties make use of your personal data. For more information regarding the cookies set by the social media parties and the possible data that they gather, please refer to the privacy statement(s) made by the social media parties themselves. Below we have listed the privacy statements of the main Social Media channels that are used the most by JDE:
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being used. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Questions and feedback
Please send us your questions and comments about cookies or privacy to firstname.lastname@example.org.