Hummingbird Branded Products and related services and activities, including this website (Hummingbird Branded Products), are developed and marketed by Jacobs Douwe Egberts NZ (JDE) and its respective business units in various countries.
JDE is committed to respecting and safeguarding your privacy and the security of your personal information in compliance with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 and European Union General Data Protection Regulation.
- explain in detail the categories of personal information we collect and how we collect it;
- clearly state for what purposes and on what legal basis we process personal information;
- strive to limit the collection of personal information to those needed for legitimate purposes only;
- first request your express consent to the processing of your personal information in cases where your consent is required;
- implement appropriate security measures to protect your personal information, and demand the same of parties processing personal information on our instructions; and
- respect your right to request access to and a copy of your personal information and have it corrected or deleted, among other rights you have as further described below.
Who is responsible for your personal information?
Why do we collect your personal information?
When you choose to register an account (if available), purchase a Hummingbird Branded Product from us, or otherwise contact us, we will ask you for some personal information about you, as well as some optional information about your use of Hummingbird Branded Products. The main purposes for which we use your personal information are:
- to communicate with you in a personal way, such as responding to your feedback or service requests and register and settle complaints;
- to keep you up to date about our commercial developments and personalized offers based on your order history and onsite behavior, by means of our newsletter;
- to perform market research to understand your needs and improve our business;
- to administer your participation in any contests, promotions, surveys or website features;
- to administer your account for our website (if relevant);
- to execute an agreement, such as completing transactions, administering and fulfilling your purchases of Hummingbird Branded Products and services related thereto;
- to send status updates and service communications;
- to send out notifications when changes are made to our policies and other (legal) documents which might concern you; and
- to comply with legal obligations.
If you do not provide us with the information we request, we may not be able to fulfil the applicable purposes of collection as described above, such as to supply products or services to you, or respond to your requests or enquiries, or tailor our website, products or services in the most beneficial way.
What legal grounds apply for processing your information?
We will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The corresponding legal grounds for the processing of personal information for the above purposes are:
- You have given us consent to process your personal information (for example if you have subscribed to our newsletter or if you have ordered a free Hummingbird product sample with us (if available));
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or to prepare entering into a contract with you at your request (for example if you enter one of our prize draws or, if relevant, place an order);
- Processing is necessary for other legitimate interests pursued by us (such as processing IP-addresses in order to prevent, detect and/or respond to abuse of our website); and
- Processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation (for example, due to fiscal regulation we need to retain certain customer data).
How we collect your personal information
You can share your personal information with us in a number of ways, for instance by:
- subscribing to our newsletter (if any);
- ordering a free Hummingbird product (if available);
- communicating with our Consumer Care Centre by e-mail, phone, social media or in writing;
- participating in a promotion, event, contest or online forum, or by filling out a questionnaire or survey related to Hummingbird Branded Products;
- registering for an account (if available);
- participating in a social media activity related to Hummingbird Branded Products by clicking "like" or "share";
- asking to receive messages on your mobile phone/device;
- participating in product testing or surveys;
- social sign-on: by using your Facebook, LinkedIn or other social media credentials to create an account or log on;
- social listening: we may search the Internet for relevant and publicly available content and use it to improve its products or services resolve consumer issues and provide targeted marketing; or
The personal information we process
By using the Hummingbird Branded Products, you leave certain data with us or our service providers or agents, which may include personal information. We only store and use personal information that are provided directly by you or which are clearly provided to us for processing purposes as mentioned above or as mentioned when you provide us with personal information. We will not use the personal information for any other purposes unless you have given your prior consent. The following categories of personal information may be processed by us:
- Contact details (e.g. first and last name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number);
- Other personal details (e.g. gender, date of birth (optional), nationality, language);
- Information about questions you contacted us for;
- Financial and transaction data (eg. bank account information, credit card or debit card number)(if relevant);
- Account details (eg. username, password)(if relevant); and
- Information about the Hummingbird free product sample that you may have ordered (if available).
How do we share your personal information?
We may share your personal information with third party service providers or agents (called ‘processors’) to perform certain processing activities on our behalf, such as parties involved in executing a purchase agreement (such as payment service providers and parcel delivery services). We will not sell, rent, lease, or provide your personal information to third parties allowing them to use your personal information for their own purposes. We use third party service providers for website hosting (for example Custom D), and for consumer database management (for example Mailchimp.
We conclude so-called ‘data processing agreements’ with all parties who process your personal information on our behalf, so that they are legally bound to keep your data confidential, to implement appropriate security measures, to notify us if the security of your data has been breached, and other obligations to protect your privacy.
JDE sometimes sells (part of) a business to another company. Where such business relates to Hummingbird Branded Products, such transfer of ownership may include the transfer of your personal information to the new owner.
Furthermore, we will release your personal information if so required by law, where necessary for preventing or combating fraud, where necessary for dispute resolution, or for any other pressing legitimate need which under the circumstances must outweigh your privacy interests, which may include the security of our business and the safety of our staff.
We share personal information between JDE affiliates and we may also share personal information with third-party advertisers.
We would like to send you information about Hummingbird Branded Products and related services that may interest you, based on your order history and onsite behavior, by means of, e.g., e-mail or other communication channels, but we will only do so if you specifically consent to receive such communications from us.
You will always have the opportunity to unsubscribe from any further communication from us with respect to Hummingbird Branded Products and services by clicking the unsubscribe option on the footer of the emails sent by us or, if this service is available, by accessing your profile online and changing your communication preferences.
How do we protect your information?
We protect your personal information with a variety of security measures. This may include using secure registration forms, encryption of data, and restricting access to your personal information.
What are the retention periods?
- Your account. Where this service is available, personal information regarding your account (such as your username, password, invoices and all other personal information which is stored within your account) will be retained until the moment you decide to your delete your account, and three months after.
- When you reach out to us. If you decide to communicate with us, we will retain any personal information received for as long as necessary to handle your request, and three months after.
- Your subscription to our commercial communications. If you signed up for our newsletter or other forms of commercial communication, all personal information which is processed for this purpose, such as your name and e-mail address, will be retained until the moment you decide to unsubscribe. If you unsubscribe, we might retain your (e-mail) address and add it to a list of parties who unsubscribed. If that’s the case, this data will be retained for three months after you unsubscribed, solely for the purposes of indicating that you do not want to receive commercial communications.
- If you participate in contests, surveys and product testing. All personal information that might be processed during contests, surveys and your participation in product testing will be retained for two years after the data has been gathered.
Transfer of data
You should be aware that the business units responsible for the sale and marketing of the Hummingbird Branded Products as shown on this website, are part of Jacobs Douwe Egberts companies around the world. As a consequence, your personal information may be transferred within the Jacobs Douwe Egberts group of companies (including to New Zealand). Further, the system of Jacobs Douwe Egberts is hosted by a service provider located in the Netherlands. We store your personal information in a Cloud.
We do not target children below 16 years old.
We strongly recommend that parents take an active role in supervising the online activity of their children. We generally do not intend to collect personal information from and/or generally do not intentionally communicate with children. However, in case we need to communicate with a child, we will endeavour to give the parents or legal guardians a reasonable opportunity to consent before we use the personal information of the child, except where we merely answer the child’s question or service the child’s request.
Each commercial communication you receive offers the option to unsubscribe from receiving further commercial communications (i.e., object to this use of your personal information). We will try to comply with your unsubscribe request as soon as reasonably practicable and in accordance with the requirements under law. Please note that if you unsubscribe from commercial communications, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot unsubscribe.
Requests for access to and correction of your personal information.
You may request details of the personal information we hold about you, by contacting us on the details provided below.
No fee will be charged for making the request. We may charge a fee for the provision of this information to cover administrative costs, however, we will inform you of any fee at the time a request is made.
In general, we will allow access to the personal information we hold about you, however, we may deny access to you to the extent that:
- providing access would pose a serious threat (or in the case of personal information other than health information, a serious and imminent threat) to the life or health of any individual;
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals;
- your request for access is frivolous or vexatious; or
- it is otherwise appropriate for us to deny access in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
Should we deny you access to any personal information following an access request we will provide you with a reason for the denial.
If you are aware that any of your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date following an access request, or because your circumstances have changed, please inform us so that we can update our records.
In your request, please make clear what personal information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your personal information suppressed from our database. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
We will correct any incorrect personal information and will not refuse to make a correction without providing you with a reason for the refusal. However, if we do refuse to make a correction, we will take reasonable steps to place with the disputed information a statement from you claiming that the disputed information in your opinion is not accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the personal information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion).
Role of data protection authorities
If you have any complaints about the way we process your personal information, we are glad to help you out. Nevertheless, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner, which can be reached here: www.privacy.org.nz
Contact and company details
Please send us your questions and comments about privacy to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or contact us via our social media channels.
Jacobs Douwe Egberts NZ
Address: 43 Crooks Road, East Tamaki, Auckland, 2013
Phone Number: +64 9 274 7018