Hummingbird Branded Products and related services and activities, including this website (Hummingbird Branded Products), are developed and marketed by Jacobs Douwe Egberts NZ (JDE) and its respective business units in various countries.
JDE is committed to respecting and safeguarding your privacy and the security of your personal information in compliance with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 and European Union General Data Protection Regulation.
- explain in detail the categories of personal information we collect and how we collect it;
- clearly state for what purposes and on what legal basis we process personal information;
- strive to limit the collection of personal information to those needed for legitimate purposes only;
- first request your express consent to the processing of your personal information in cases where your consent is required;
- implement appropriate security measures to protect your personal information, and demand the same of parties processing personal information on our instructions; and
- respect your right to request access to and a copy of your personal information and have it corrected or deleted, among other rights you have as further described below.
Who is responsible for you personal information?
Why do we collect your personal information?
When you choose to register an account (if available), purchase a Hummingbird Branded Product from us, or otherwise contact us, we will ask you for some personal information about you, as well as some optional information about your use of Hummingbird Branded Products. The main purposes for which we use your personal information are:
- to communicate with you in a personal way, such as responding to your feedback or service requests and register and settle complaints;
- to keep you up to date about our commercial developments and personalized offers based on your order history and onsite behavior, by means of our newsletter;
- to perform market research to understand your needs and improve our business;
- to administer your participation in any contests, promotions, surveys or website features;
- to administer your account for our website (if relevant);
- to execute an agreement, such as completing transactions, administering and fulfilling your purchases of Hummingbird Branded Products and services related thereto;
- to send status updates and service communications;
- to send out notifications when changes are made to our policies and other (legal) documents which might concern you; and
- to comply with legal obligations.
If you do not provide us with the information we request, we may not be able to fulfil the applicable purposes of collection as described above, such as to supply products or services to you, or respond to your requests or enquiries, or tailor our website, products or services in the most beneficial way.
What legal grounds apply for processing your information?
We will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The corresponding legal grounds for the processing of personal information for the above purposes are:
- You have given us consent to process your personal information (for example if you have subscribed to our newsletter or if you have ordered a free Hummingbird product sample with us (if available));
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or to prepare entering into a contract with you at your request (for example if you enter one of our prize draws or, if relevant, place an order);
- Processing is necessary for other legitimate interests pursued by us (such as processing IP-addresses in order to prevent, detect and/or respond to abuse of our website); and
- Processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation (for example, due to fiscal regulation we need to retain certain customer data).
How we collect your personal information
You can share your personal information with us in a number of ways, for instance by:
- subscribing to our newsletter (if any);
- ordering a free Hummingbird product (if available);
- communicating with our Consumer Care Centre by e-mail, phone, social media or in writing;
- participating in a promotion, event, contest or online forum, or by filling out a questionnaire or survey related to Hummingbird Branded Products;
- registering for an account (if available);
- participating in a social media activity related to Hummingbird Branded Products by clicking "like" or "share";
- asking to receive messages on your mobile phone/device;
- participating in product testing or surveys;
- social sign-on: by using your Facebook, LinkedIn or other social media credentials to create an account or log on;
- social listening: we may search the Internet for relevant and publicly available content and use it to improve its products or services resolve consumer issues and provide targeted marketing; or